[Python-Dev] New workflow change: Welcome to blurb

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Sun Jun 25 00:37:46 EDT 2017

On 06/24/2017 09:14 PM, Serhiy Storchaka wrote:
> Not only core developers make PRs for CPython. Since all non-trivial
> changes need to be mentioned in Misc/NEWS, blurb becomes a required
> tool for all committers.

Well, no.  *Writing blurb-compatible files* becomes a required step for
all committers.  And blurb makes that easy.  But it's pretty easy to
write them by hand; that's why we pre-created the "next" directories,
and there are instructions in the dev guide.  Also it should be easy for
some JavaScript expert to write a static page that generates blurb files
for you--it provides a form, you fill it out, and you "download" the
blurb file.  (I've seen pages that do that sort of thing, though I don't
know how to write that kind of JavaScript myself.)

//arry/