[Python-Dev] Helping contributors with chores (do we have to?)

Jakub Wilk jwilk at jwilk.net
Sun Jun 25 10:35:11 EDT 2017

* Paul Sokolovsky <pmiscml at gmail.com>, 2017-06-25, 11:47:
>A GitHub PR is just a git branch (in somebody else's repository, but also in
>the repository it's submitted to). So, like any git branch, you can fetch it,
>re-branch to your local branch, apply any changes to it, rebase, push
>anywhere.

Right, this is documented here:
https://help.github.com/articles/checking-out-pull-requests-locally/

>There're also various tools for dealing specifically with git branch layout as
>used by Github, and every real man writes their own

I have this in my gitconfig:

[alias]
	hub-pr = ! "_g() { set -e -u; git fetch origin \"pull/$1/head:gh-$1\" && git checkout \"gh-$1\"; }; _g"

If I want to checkout PR#42, I do:

$ git hub-pr 42

--
Jakub Wilk