[Python-Dev] Helping contributors with chores (do we have to?)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 00:21:39 EDT 2017

On 26 June 2017 at 07:39, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25 June 2017 at 18:31, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:
>>
>> I have used it. I don’t use it every day but I’ve never had it fail on me
>> unless the contributor has unchecked the flag. I just ``git remote add
>> <github username> <github url>`` then checkout their branch, add more
>> commits, and push to their branch.
>
> That's relatively simple, but not immediately obvious (at least to me).

This seems like a good point to remind folks that we have a "Git
Bootcamp and Cheat Sheet" as part of the developer guide:
https://docs.python.org/devguide/gitbootcamp.html

PR editing is one of the topics covered:
https://docs.python.org/devguide/gitbootcamp.html#editing-a-pull-request-prior-to-merging

However, many of us editing it tend to be on Linux or Mac OS X (and
are often experienced git users as well), so issues and PRs clarifying
steps that are currently omitted, platform-specific, or otherwise
don't work as advertised are definitely appreciated.

Cheers,
Nick.