[Python-Dev] Buildbot report (almost July)

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 11:09:08 EDT 2017

Hi,

Our buildbots are now even more stable than in my previous buildbot report.

Many random failures have been fixed, even if there are still many
rare random failures (most of them are related to multiprocessing).

Search for issues created by "haypo" (me!) with the Component "Tests"
to see all remaining issues. I'm trying to open an issue for *each*
buildbot failure! So yeah, we have a long list of 44 open issues!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, for the first time, *all reference
leaks* have been fixed on *all branches* (2.7, 3.5, 3.6 and master),
on *Linux and Windows*! Before, we mostly focused on the master branch
(called "default" in Mercurial) on Linux.

I also started to fix a few "memory block" leaks, most (or all?) of
them should also be fixed (on all branches, on Linux and Windows).

A new policy has been decided (on python-committers): if a commit
breaks too many buildbots and cannot fixed easily nor quickly, the
commit will be reverted, just to keep our buildbots "green". It
doesn't mean that the commit will be rejected forever. It's a
practical solution to give more time to write a proper fix, take time
to review it, and not have to be stressed to fix buildbots "ASAP".
Moreover, keeping green buildbots all the time allows to catch
regressions more quickly, which ease debug in many ways.

You have be warned! Now I will not hesitate to revert your change if
you break my little buildbots ;-)

I mostly care of Linux, Windows, macOS and FreeBSD (10 and CURRENT).
Breaking other platforms is less important, since other platforms
already have issues, but not enough developers interested to fix them.
Obviously, I'm interested in keeping more buildbots green, if someone
shows up and help me to fix remaining issues!

Victor