[Python-Dev] Help requested with Python 2.7 performance regression

Gregory P. Smith greg at krypto.org
Thu Mar 2 15:59:52 EST 2017

We updated profile-opt to use the testsuite subset based on what distros
had already been using for their training runs. As for the comment about
the test suite not being good for training.... Mostly a myth. The test
suite exercises the ceval loop well as well as things like re and json
sufficiently to be a lot better than stupid workloads such as pybench (the
previous default training run).

Room for improvement in training? Likely in some corners. But I have yet to
see anyone propose any evidence based patch as a workload that reliably
improves on anything for PGO over what we train with today.

-gpshead