[Python-Dev] Help requested with Python 2.7 performance regression

Charalampos Stratakis cstratak at redhat.com
Fri Mar 3 07:10:11 EST 2017

And that is the reason I wanted to test this a bit more.

However it adds a maintenance burden when fast fixes need to be applied (aka now that Fedora 26 alpha is being prepared). The build now due to the arm architecture and the huge test suite takes approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes. Increasing that by two hours is not something I would do during the development phase.

On another note, RHEL's python does not have the PGO functionality backported to it.

Regards,

Charalampos Stratakis
Associate Software Engineer
Python Maintenance Team, Red Hat