[Python-Dev] [RELEASE] Python 3.6.1rc1 is now available

Ned Deily nad at python.org
Sun Mar 5 07:01:30 EST 2017

On behalf of the Python development community and the Python 3.6 release
team, I would like to announce the availability of Python 3.6.1rc1.
3.6.1rc1 is the first release candidate for Python 3.6.1, the first
maintenance release of Python 3.6.  3.6.0 was released on 2017-12-22
to great interest and now, three months later, we are providing the
first set of bugfixes and documentation updates for it.  While
3.6.1rc1 is a preview release and, thus, not intended for production
environments, we encourage you to explore it and provide feedback
via the Python bug tracker (https://bugs.python.org).  Although it
should be transparent to users of Python, 3.6.1 is the first release
after some major changes to our development process so we ask users
who build Python from source to be on the lookout for any unexpected
differences.

3.6.1 is planned for final release on 2017-03-20 with the next
maintenance release expected to follow in about 3 months.

Please see "What’s New In Python 3.6" for more information:

https://docs.python.org/3.6/whatsnew/3.6.html

You can find Python 3.6.1rc1 here:

https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-361rc1/