[Python-Dev] [RELEASE] Python 3.6.1 is now available

Ned Deily nad at python.org
Tue Mar 21 23:16:50 EDT 2017

On behalf of the Python development community and the Python 3.6 release
team, I would like to announce the availability of Python 3.6.1, the
first maintenance release of Python 3.6.  3.6.0 was released on 2016-12-22
to great interest and now, three months later, we are providing the
first set of bugfixes and documentation updates for it.  Although it
should be transparent to users of Python, 3.6.1 is the first release
after some major changes to our development process so we ask users
who build Python from source to be on the lookout for any unexpected
differences.

Please see "What’s New In Python 3.6" for more information:

https://docs.python.org/3.6/whatsnew/3.6.html

You can find Python 3.6.1 here:

https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-361/

and its change log here:

https://docs.python.org/3.6/whatsnew/changelog.html#python-3-6-1

The next maintenance release of Python 3.6 is expected to follow in
about 3 months by the end of 2017-06.  More information about the 3.6
release schedule can be found here:

https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0494/

--
  Ned Deily