[Python-Dev] Exact date of Python 2 EOL?

Ned Deily nad at python.org
Thu Mar 23 12:59:27 EDT 2017

On Mar 23, 2017, at 04:41, Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com> wrote:
> By the way, maybe we can also start to list vendors (Linux vendors?)
> who plan to offer commercial extended support?

IMO, we should definitely not list 2.7 vendor and their plans on a python.org web page.  One, it would be a maintenance headache for the web site / devguide.  Two, it puts us and the PSF in the position of curating such a list and deciding who get to be on it and in what order and with keeping up with vendors' changing plans etc etc.  Third, most likely they are already using a particular vendor so they are not likely to change just because of Python 2 support.  And, fourth and most important, we don't really want to be encouraging people to stay on 2.7 anyway!  If it is important enough for them, they can do their research and find out directly from the vendors.

--
  Ned Deily
  nad at python.org -- []