[Python-Dev] Issue with _thread.interrupt_main (29926)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Mar 27 22:33:44 EDT 2017

https://bugs.python.org/issue29926 was opened as an IDLE issue, which
means that most watching the new issues list would ignore it.  But I
think it is an issue with _thread.interrupt_main (which IDLE calls in
respond to ^C) not interrupting time.sleep(n) in main thread*.  I tested
on Windows, don't know yet about OP.  Since there is no Expert's Index
listing for _thread (or threading), I am asking here for someone who
knows anything to take a look.

*
 >>> time.sleep(10)
<hit ^C immediately>
<debug print after interrupt_main() shows immediately>
<... remainder of 10 seconds pass>
KeyboardInterrupt

I don't know if this is a bug or inherent limitation.
--
Terry Jan Reedy