[Python-Dev] Escaping docs markup in NEWS entries?

David Goodger goodger at python.org
Tue May 2 14:58:27 EDT 2017

On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 5:03 AM, Wes Turner <wes.turner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Where would be a good place for test cases for an rst_escape() function?
> Docutils?
>
> https://github.com/westurner/dotfiles/blob/develop/scripts/git-changelog.py

I'd say that the test cases for any function should reside in the same
project/codebase as the function itself. Where do you intend the
function to reside?

I'm not certain what rst_escape() is supposed to do; what is its
purpose? The docstrings of rst_escape() as well as the
git-changelog.py module lack such explanations.

I am also uncertain if this is necessary, based on the remainder of
the thread. Perhaps it would be better to fix this "make suspicious"
so that it doesn't produce spurious results? (Note: I am unclear on
exactly what "make suspicious" is supposed to do, or why.)

I apologize for the azure hue of my answers, to questions that came
from out of the blue.
;-)

David Goodger
<http://python.net/~goodger>