[Python-Dev] 2017 Python Language Summit coverage

Jake Edge jake at lwn.net
Thu May 25 10:03:22 EDT 2017

Hola python-dev,

Thanks to Larry and Barry, I was able to sit in on the Python Language
Summit again this year.  The start of the coverage for that is now
available.

The starting point is the overview article, here:
https://lwn.net/Articles/723251/ (for non-subscribers, this link will
get around the paywall:
https://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/723251/2d2cbb3329dd87f8/ )  It will be
updated as I add more sessions over the next week or so.

LWN subscribers can see the content right away, but one week after they
are published in the weekly edition, they become freely available for
everyone.  Until then, though, feel free to share the SubscriberLinks I
am posting here.

Python 3.6.x, 3.7.0, and beyond: https://lwn.net/Articles/723252/ or
https://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/723252/c5bfea8533558bab/

New CPython workflow issues: https://lwn.net/Articles/723418/ or
https://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/723418/62487f893b324500/

The state of bugs.python.org: https://lwn.net/Articles/723513/ or
https://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/723513/7e4e2e626fc93606/

Progress on the Gilectomy: https://lwn.net/Articles/723514/ or
https://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/723514/70df37b92c746d62/

Hopefully I captured things reasonably well -- if you have corrections
or clarifications (or just comments :) , I would recommend posting them
as comments on the article.

I will post an update next week with the next round (with luck, all of
the rest of them).

enjoy!

jake

--