[Python-Dev] "Micro-optimisations can speed up CPython"

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon May 29 16:43:52 EDT 2017

On 5/29/2017 10:36 AM, Guyzmo via Python-Dev wrote:
> On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 05:15:43PM +0300, Serhiy Storchaka wrote:
>> Interesting articles, thank you. I wonder why the author doesn't propose his
>> patches for CPython. Does he fear that CPython can become faster than Lua?
>> ;-)
>
> the author's answer: https://twitter.com/corsix/status/869200284261789696

"Because getting patches merged is much effort", which is sometimes true.

Peter Cawley is already bpo user 'Peter Cawley' with linked github
account 'corsix', but no CLA.  If one or more core developers were to
commit to reviewing his patches, one of them (or someone else) could
email him (see bpo user profile) conveying our interest and such
commitment(s), and request that he sign the CLA, open an issue for one
patch, and open a git PR for the patch.

--
Terry Jan Reedy