[Python-Dev] Reminder: 12 weeks to 3.7 feature code cutoff

Joao S. O. Bueno jsbueno at python.org.br
Fri Nov 3 19:44:55 EDT 2017

This just popped up in Brython's issue tracker discussion:

"""
Pierre Quentel <notifications at github.com>

04:57 (16 hours ago)
to brython-dev/br., Subscribed

I think it's better to rename all occurences of async now, although
it's strange that :

there is currently no deprecation warning in CPython with code that
uses it as a variable name, PEP492 said that "async and await names
will be softly deprecated in CPython 3.5 and 3.6"
there is no mention of async and await becoming keywords in What's new
in Python 3.7

Maybe the idea was finally given up, but I can't find a reference.

"""

So, what is the status of promoting async and await to full keyword for 3.7?