[Python-Dev] Remove typing from the stdlib

Lukasz Langa lukasz at langa.pl
Sun Nov 5 22:41:33 EST 2017

> On 4 Nov, 2017, at 3:39 AM, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Lukasz Langa said:
>> So, the difference is in perceived usability. It's psychological.
>
> Please, let's not start the "not in the stdlib isn't an issue" debate
> again. If I concede it's a psychological issue, will you concede that
> the fact that it's psychological doesn't mean that it's not a real,
> difficult to solve, problem for some people? I'm also willing to
> concede that it's a *minority* problem, if that helps. But can we stop
> dismissing it as a non-existent problem?

Paul, if you read the words I wrote in my e-mail verbatim, you will note that I am not saying it's not real or it's not important. Quite the opposite. Can you elaborate what made you think that my assertion that the issue is psychological made you think I'm being dismissive? To me it looks like you're aggressively agreeing with me, so I'd like to understand what caused your reaction.

- Ł