[Python-Dev] Guarantee ordered dict literals in v3.7?

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 06:03:05 EST 2017

Hello,

On Mon, 6 Nov 2017 11:36:59 +0100
Stefan Krah <stefan at bytereef.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 06, 2017 at 12:18:17PM +0200, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
> > MicroPython hashmap implementation is effectively O(n) (average and
> > worst case) due to the algorithm parameters chosen (like the load
> > factor of 1). Of course, parameters could be tweaked, but the ones
> > chosen are so because the memory usage is far more important for
> > MicroPython systems than performance characteristics (all due to
> > small amounts of memory). Like, MicroPython was twice as fast than
> > Python 3.3 on average, and 1000 times more efficient in the memory
> > usage.

[]

> $ time ./micropython xxx.py
> $ time ../../cpython/python xxx.py

> Congratulations ...

That's why I wrote "Python 3.3", it's hard to argue CPython doesn't do
anything about the "Python is slow" proverb. It's still shouldn't be
hard to construct a testcase where MicroPython is faster (by not
implementing features not needed by 90% of Python programs of course,
not "for free").

Anyway, where're memory measurements?

(This is offtopic, so I shouldn't have replied.)

--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:pmiscml at gmail.com