[Python-Dev] OrderedDict(kwargs) optimization?

INADA Naoki songofacandy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 20:48:50 EST 2017

> That'd be great for preserving kwargs' order after a pop() or a del?

To clarify, order is preserved after pop in Python 3.6 (and maybe 3.7).

There is discussion about breaking it to optimize for limited use cases,
but I don't think it's worth enough to discuss more until it demonstrates
real performance gain.

> Is there an opportunity to support a fast cast to OrderedDict from 3.6 dict?
> Can it just copy .keys() into the OrderedDict linked list?Or is there more overhead to the transition?

https://bugs.python.org/issue31265

Regards,

INADA Naoki  <songofacandy at gmail.com>