[Python-Dev] Clarifying Cygwin support in CPython

Erik Bray erik.m.bray at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 05:55:12 EST 2017

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 5:28 PM, Zachary Ware
<zachary.ware+pydev at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 8:39 AM, Erik Bray <erik.m.bray at gmail.com> wrote:
>> a platform--in particular it's not clear when a buildbot is considered
>> "stable", or how to achieve that without getting necessary fixes
>> merged into the main branch in the first place.
>
> I think in this context, "stable" just means "keeps a connection to
> the buildbot master and doesn't blow up when told to build" :).  As
> such, I'm ready to get you added to the fleet whenever you are.

"Doesn't blow up when told to build" is the tricky part, because there
are a few tests that are known to cause the test suite process to hang
until killed.  It's not clear to me whether, even with the --timeout
option, that the test runner will kill hanging processes (I haven't
actually tried this though so I'll double-check, but I'm pretty sure
it does not).

So until at least those issues are resolved I'd be hesitate to call it "stable".

Thanks,
Erik