[Python-Dev] PEP 563: Postponed Evaluation of Annotations

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 01:42:36 EST 2017

I didn't follow the discussion on the PEP but I was surprised to read "from
__future__ import annotations" in an example. Annotations exist since
Python 3.0, why would Python 3.7 require a future for them? Well, I was
aware of the PEP, but I was confused anyway.

I really prefer "from __future__ import string_annotations" !

Victor