[Python-Dev] PEP 563: Postponed Evaluation of Annotations

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Fri Nov 10 12:50:34 EST 2017

On 11/10/2017 07:48 AM, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> I don't mind the long name. Of all the options so far I really only like 'string_annotations' so let's go with that.

As someone else mentioned, we have function annotations and variable annotations already, which makes string_annotations
sound like it's annotations for strings.

Contriwise, "annotation_strings" sounds like a different type of annotation -- they are now being stored as strings,
instead of something else.

--
~Ethan~