[Python-Dev] PEP 565: Show DeprecationWarning in __main__

brent bejot brent.bejot at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 07:49:58 EST 2017

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 11:33 AM, Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com>
wrote:

> If the Python REPL is included in the "run an application" use case,
> the frontier between user and developer becomes blurry :-) Is REPL
> designed for users or developers? Should Python guess the intent of
> the human connected to the keyboard? ...
>
> Victor

I don't think folks are counting the Python REPL as "run an application".
People who use the REPL are at least writing python and should definitely
be informed of deprecations.  +1 for deprecations in the REPL from me; I
think it's a great way to inform a good percentage of the python devs of
upcoming changes.