[Python-Dev] Tricky way of of creating a generator via a comprehension expression

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Nov 22 23:44:58 EST 2017

Ivan Levkivskyi wrote:
> The key idea is that neither comprehensions nor generator expressions
> should create a function scope surrounding the `expr`

I don't see how you can avoid an implicit function scope in
the case of a generator expression, though. And I can't see
how to make yield in a generator expression do anything
sensible.

Consider this:

    def g():
       return ((yield i) for i in range(10))

Presumably the yield should turn g into a generator, but...
then what? My brain is hurting trying to figure out what
it should do.

--
Greg