[Python-Dev] Tricky way of of creating a generator via a comprehension expression

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 10:50:19 EST 2017

On 23 November 2017 at 15:37, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:
> On 11/22/2017 11:51 PM, Sven R. Kunze wrote:
>
>> A "yield" within a comprehension is like a "return" in a comprehension. It
>> makes no sense at all.
>> Also a "yield" and a "return with value" is also rarely seen.
>>
>> Comprehensions build new objects, they are not for control flow, IMO.
>

> +1

That isn't a principle I've seen described explicitly before, but I
agree it makes sense to me. So +1 here as well.

And yes, I know this might seem to contradict my position that
comprehensions translate to loops, but remember that the translation
is a mental model, not an exact definition (to my way of thinking).

Paul