[Python-Dev] iso8601 parsing

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Wed Nov 29 18:42:06 EST 2017

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 10:05 AM, Mike Miller <python-dev at mgmiller.net>
wrote:

> This thread isn't about the numerous third-party solutions that are a pip
> command away.  But rather getting a minimal return parser to handle
> datetime.isoformat() into the std library.
>
> It's been needed for years,

indeed what is the holdup? I don't recall anyone saying it was a bad idea
in the last discussion.

Do we just need an implementation?

Is the one in the Bug Report not up to snuff? If not, then what's wrong
with it? This is just not that hard a problem to solve.

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov