[Python-Dev] iso8601 parsing

Mario Corchero mariocj89 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 19:18:28 EST 2017

There were discussions about having it a function, making the constructor
of datetime accept a string(this was strongly rejected), having a static
funcion in datetime, etc... and there was no real agreement.

If the agreement is that we want a funcion to be able to parse it I am sure
Paul G will be kind to do it (he told me not long ago he was thinking on
sending a PR for it). If he is busy I am happy to chip in time this
weekend.

All I wanted when I sent https://bugs.python.org/issue31800 was actually to
be able to parse isoformat datetime ^^.