[Python-Dev] What's the status of PEP 505: None-aware operators?

Andrea Griffini agriff at tin.it
Thu Nov 30 05:48:56 EST 2017

Not really related but the PEP says that arguments in Python are evaluated
before the function (as a reason to reject the idea of None-aware function
call) but this is not the case:

    >>> import dis
    >>> dis.dis(lambda : f()(g()))
      1           0 LOAD_GLOBAL              0 (f)
                  3 CALL_FUNCTION            0
                  6 LOAD_GLOBAL              1 (g)
                  9 CALL_FUNCTION            0
                 12 CALL_FUNCTION            1