[Python-Dev] What's the status of PEP 505: None-aware operators?

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Nov 30 17:26:18 EST 2017

Eric Fahlgren wrote:
> ​I think you're missing something here, since it seems clear to me that
> indeed the arguments are evaluated prior to the function call.​

I think the OP may be confusing "evaluating the function" with
"calling the function".

If the function being called is determined by some computation,
that computation may be performed before its arguments are
evaluated (and is probably required to be, by the "left to
right" rule). But the arguments will always be evaluated
before the actual call happens.

--
Greg