[Python-Dev] PEP 557: Data Classes

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Thu Oct 12 14:57:52 EDT 2017

You're right that if it were easier to combine metaclasses we would not shy
away from them so easily.

Perhaps you and others interested in this topic can try to prototype an
implementation and see how it would work in practice (with some realistic
existing metaclasses)? Then the next step would be to write a PEP. But in
this case I really recommend trying to implement it first (in pure Python)
to see if it can actually work.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)