[Python-Dev] PEP 510 (function specialization) rejected

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 16:28:33 EDT 2017

> It takes courage to admit failures like this! I think this is a good call.
> It echoes the experiences with Unladen Swallow and Pyston. Despite what
> people may think, CPython really isn't slow, given the large set of
> constraints on the implementation.

Oh, I still have a long queue of optimization ideas that I want to try
:-) But first, I would like to fix the issue blocking all significant
optimizations: make the stable ABI usable to allow to change major
CPython design choices without breaking C extensions.

https://haypo.github.io/new-python-c-api.html

Sadly, I didn't find time yet to write a proper PEP for that.

Victor