[Python-Dev] PEP 564: Add new time functions with nanosecond resolution

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 11:23:44 EDT 2017

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 2:06 AM, Wes Turner <wes.turner at gmail.com> wrote:
> What about bus latency (and variance)?

I'm currently in Los Angeles. Bus latency is measured in minutes, and
may easily exceed sixty of them. :|

Seriously though: For applications requiring accurate representation
of relativistic effects, the stdlib datetime module has a good few
problems besides lacking sub-nanosecond precision. I'd be inclined to
YAGNI this away unless/until some third-party module demonstrates that
there's actually a use for a datetime module that can handle all that.

ChrisA