[Python-Dev] Migrate python-dev to Mailman 3?

Antoine Pitrou antoine at python.org
Thu Oct 26 06:19:45 EDT 2017

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/ :-)

> The main drawback of Mailman 2 archives is that discussions are
> splitted between each month. It can be a pain to follow a long
> discussion done in multiple months. Sadly, I don't know if Mailman 3
> handles this case better :-D

If I take
https://mail.python.org/mm3/archives/list/buildbot-status@python.org/thread/MZ7QOZM6V7OALPSYSNSIHGGSLXMQHCF2/
as an example, I don't think it will allow to follow a long discussion
*at all*.  Can you imagine a 100-message thread displayed that way?

The pipermail UI isn't perfect (the monthly segregation can be annoying
as you point out), but at least it has a synthetic and easy-to-navigate
tree view.

Regards

Antoine.