[Python-Dev] PEP 561: Distributing and Packaging Type Information

Ethan Smith ethan at ethanhs.me
Thu Oct 26 20:00:40 EDT 2017

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 4:48 PM, Mariatta Wijaya <mariatta.wijaya at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Not sure if postings to python-ideas count,
>

> PEP 1 says:
>
> Post-History is used to record the dates of when new versions of the PEP
> are posted to python-list and/or python-dev.
>
> So, no ?

Reading PEP 12, https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0012/#id24

   -

   Leave Post-History alone for now; you'll add dates to this header each
   time you post your PEP to python-list at python.org or python-dev at python.org.
   If you posted your PEP to the lists on August 14, 2001 and September 3,
   2001, the Post-History header would look like:

   Post-History: 14-Aug-2001, 03-Sept-2001

   You must manually add new dates and check them in. If you don't have
   check-in privileges, send your changes to the PEP editors.

Perhaps it is outdated and needs to have python-ideas added? python-ideas
was created around 2006 (according to the archives), so after PEP 1/12 were
written.

> This PEP adds a new item to the
> ``*.distinfo/METADATA`` file

   *.dist-info/

Thank you for catching that. I will fix that with my next round of edits.