[Python-Dev] Inplace operations for PyLong objects

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Sat Sep 2 13:38:05 EDT 2017

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 6:16 PM, Joe Jevnik via Python-Dev <
python-dev at python.org> wrote:

> The string concat optimization happens in the interpreter dispatch for
> INPLACE_ADD

In that case, isn't there a new string being build, all in one line of
python? that is, the string the optimization is being created at that
point, so the interpreter can know there isn't anything referencing it
anywhere else.

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov