[Python-Dev] Compiling without multithreading support -- still useful?

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 12:42:04 EDT 2017

I proposed to drop the --without-threads option multiple times. I
worked on tiny and cheap embedded devices and we used Python *with*
threads for concurrency. Many Python features require threads, like
asyncio and multiprocessing. Also subprocess.communicate() on Windows,
no?

I'm strongly in favor of dropping this option from Python 3.7. It
would remove a lot of code!

Victor