[Python-Dev] To reduce Python "application" startup time

Chris Barker - NOAA Federal chris.barker at noaa.gov
Wed Sep 6 11:55:17 EDT 2017

> Anyway, I think researching import tree of popular library is good
> startline
> about optimizing startup time.

I agree -- in this case, you've identified that asyncio is expensive --
good to know.

In the jinja2 case, does it always need asyncio?

Pep8 as side, I think it often makes sense for expensive optional imports
to be done only if needed. Perhaps a patch to jinja2 is in order.

CHB

For example, modules like ast and tokenize are imported often than I
> thought.
>
> Jinja2 is one of libraries I often use. I'm checking other libraries
> like requests.

> Thanks,
>
> INADA Naoki  <songofacandy at gmail.com <javascript:;>>
Unsubscribe: