[Python-Dev] PEP 550 v4

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Sep 6 19:27:16 EDT 2017

Ivan Levkivskyi wrote:
> Normal generators fall out from this "scheme", and it looks like their
> behavior is determined by the fact that coroutines are implemented as
> generators.

This is what I disagree with. Generators don't implement
coroutines, they implement *parts* of coroutines.

We want "task local storage" that behaves analogously
to thread local storage. But PEP 550 as it stands doesn't
give us that; it gives something more like "function
local storage" for certain kinds of function.

--
Greg