[Python-Dev] PEP 550 v4

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Sep 7 07:39:39 EDT 2017

There are a couple of things in the PEP I'm confused about:

1) Under "Generators" it says:

    once set in the generator, the context variable is guaranteed
    not to change between iterations;

This suggests that you're not allowed to set() a given
context variable more than once in a given generator,
but some of the examples seem to contradict that. So I'm
not sure what this is trying to say.

2) I don't understand why the logical_contexts have to
be immutable. If every task or generator that wants its
own task-local storage has its own logical_context
instance, why can't it be updated in-place?

--
Greg