[Python-Dev] PEP 556: Threaded garbage collection

Benjamin Peterson benjamin at python.org
Fri Sep 8 15:04:10 EDT 2017

I like it overall.

- I was wondering what happens during interpreter shutdown. I see you
have that listed as a open issue. How about simply shutting down the
finalization thread and not guaranteeing that finalizers are actually
ever run à la Java?

- Why not run all (Python) finalizers on the thread and not just ones
from cycles?