[Python-Dev] gdb support could use some love

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 05:47:39 EDT 2018

> There are a bunch of open issues regarding gdb support including one with a PR in need of review for 3.6+.

I rejected one (which assumed everyone now uses a python-aware gdb),
commented on another (ceval.c-related name changes in several
commands), and created a PR for third (documentation for the
user-defined commands). Unfortunately, it's been so long since I
contributed, I don't quite understand the ins and outs of the workflow
anymore. In particular, I could find no way to add the "skip news"
label. I'm afraid someone might have to intervene here:

https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/6384

Skip