[Python-Dev] Soliciting comments on the future of the cmd module (bpo-33233)

Mike Miller python-dev at mgmiller.net
Sun Apr 8 15:51:28 EDT 2018

On 2018-04-07 02:08, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> This isn't gopher, or something with serious unfixable security
> vulnerabilities. It works. What more needs to be said?

Interesting, I'd forgotten about the module but this thread brought it from
dusty backup tape back into my brain.  Part of the problem may be the generic name.

I just used it for a programming challenge and it worked quite well. :-)  The
source is close to trivial, not a burden, and I found the module useful and easy
to use.

Only nitpick is that the "repeat last action on empty line" is a poor default I
think.

-Mike

p.s.  The bug listed above has the authors of cmd2 planning a
simplified/compatible version that could become the next "cmd."