[Python-Dev] Basic test to validate win10 install?

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pydev at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 11:51:48 EDT 2018

Hi Martin,

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 5:00 PM, Martin Gainty <mgainty at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I was told the python -m test are for devs only to test "auxiliary
> functions"
> do you have a "basic test" i can use to validate Python36 has installed
> properly on Win10?

The fact that the tests run at all show that everything installed
properly.  The three failures that you see don't look serious, and are
probably only failing due to differences in the development and
installation environments on Windows.  One of these days I hope to
have a bulidbot that automatically installs and tests Python on every
commit on Windows, but we're not there yet.  Until then, investigating
these failures and contributing patches to fix them could be a great
way to get involved in CPython development!

Regards,
--
Zach