[Python-Dev] OS-X builds for 3.7.0

Joni Orponen j.orponen at 4teamwork.ch
Thu Feb 1 06:35:35 EST 2018

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 12:18 AM, Chris Barker <chris.barker at noaa.gov> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 3:13 AM, Joni Orponen <j.orponen at 4teamwork.ch>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 12:43 AM, Chris Barker - NOAA Federal <
>> chris.barker at noaa.gov> wrote:
>>
>>> And maybe we could even get rid of the "Framework" builds......
>>>>

>>> Please do not. These make life easier for doing things the Apple way for
>>> signed sandboxed applications.
>>>
>>> For the record, are you re-distributing the python.org builds, or
>>> re-building yourself?
>>>

>> We are re-building ourselves.
>>

> Then it makes no difference to you if the pyton.org binaries are
> Framework builds... though maybe you want the configure target available.

And if the official distribution distributes a Framework, the configure
target and build for that are also actually maintained, which will keep
them likelier usable.

Would we not be doing a couple of very specific things, we'd be able to use
the distributed Framework as well. It is not unconceivable we could use it
as-is in the future or for other projects.

--
Joni Orponen