[Python-Dev] Deprecate crypt module and revert PR 3854

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sat Feb 3 11:13:26 EST 2018

You can deprecate the crypt module, update the docs to explain it's
outdated and point to other 3rd party solutions. A few years from now we
may be able to delete it. (With an intermediate step of issuing a
non-silent deprecation warning.) Until then just leave it be. Possibly
that's what your desired outcome is anyway?

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)