[Python-Dev] How to set/update value in a xml file using requests in python

Sum J sjsumitj at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 03:38:00 EST 2018

My xml file is located in local network:

http://192.168.43.109/DevMgmt/NetAppsDyn.xml

Below is a part content of above xml I want to update :

<nadyn:NetAppsDyn>

<nadyn:ProxyConfig>
    <dd:ResourceURI/>
    <dd:Port/>
    <dd:ProxySupport>off</dd:ProxySupport>
    </nadyn:ProxyConfig>

</nadyn:NetAppsDyn>

I want to set the value for 'ResourceUI' and 'Port' field in above xml.

I have used below code :

     import requests
     data = {
              'ResourceURI':'web-proxy.xxx.yy.com',
              'Port':8080
            }

    URL = 'http://192.168.75.165/DevMgmt/NetAppsDyn.xml'

    # content type
    head = {'Content-type': 'text/xml'}
    # sending get request
    gr= requests.get(url=URL)
    print gr

    # sending put request
    r = requests.put(url=URL, data=data,headers=head)
    print r.status_code
    # extracting response text
    output_xml = r.text
    print("The op xml is:%s" % output_xml)

Issue : The fields are not getting updated in xml using put request. I am
able to see the response for get (request) , but for put request it is
throwing errror code : 301 , resource has been moved permanently.