[Python-Dev] PEP 567 v2

Yury Selivanov yselivanov.ml at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 00:13:33 EST 2018

I don't want to expose a SetContext operation because of, again, potential
incompatibility with PEP 550, where generators expect to fully control
push/pop context operation.

Second, Context.run is 100% enough for *any* async framework to add support
for PEP 567. And because the PEP is focused just on async, I think that we
don't need anything more than 'run'.

Third, I have a suspicion that we focus too much on actual Context and
Context.run. These APIs are meant for asyncio/twisted/trio/etc maintainers,
not for an average Python user. An average person will likely not interact
with any of the PEP 567 machinery directly, wven when using PEP 567-enabled
libraries like numpy/decimal.

Yury