[Python-Dev] 'continue'/'break'/'return' inside 'finally' clause

Serhiy Storchaka storchaka at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 14:54:15 EST 2018

02.01.18 22:31, Neil Schemenauer пише:
> Serhiy Storchaka <storchaka at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Currently 'break' and 'return' are never used inside 'finally'
>> clause in the stdlib.
>
> See the _recv_bytes() function:
>
> Lib/multiprocessing/connection.py: 316

Thank you Neil! I missed this case because ran only fast tests, without
enabling network tests.

>> I would want to see a third-party code that uses them.
>
> These are the only ones I found so far:
>
> ../gevent/src/gevent/libev/corecffi.py: 147

I haven't found 'finally' clauses in
https://github.com/gevent/gevent/blob/master/src/gevent/libev/corecffi.py.
Perhaps this code was changed in recent versions.

In any case we now know that this combination is occurred (but very
rarely) in the wild.