[Python-Dev] Bug report in audioop module.

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 19:06:33 EST 2018

On 11 January 2018 at 06:37, Moses Egypt <mosesbobadilla at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was told to post this here when I asked what to do on the python reddit.
> This is the issue:
> https://bugs.python.org/issue32004

Thank you for taking the time to file that!

> It has received no response since I posted it two months ago, so I figured I
> didn't fill something out correctly to get it put on someone's tracker. This
> is my first bug report, so please let me know if there is anything I need to
> do get it appointed to the correct person next time. Thanks.

You've actually done everything right - it's just hit or miss as to
whether or not issues will attract a core developer's attention.
(Unfortunately there aren't currently any jobs in the world that have
"Help limit the growth of the CPython issue count in general" as a
requirement, so there aren't any kind of consistent response time
assurance for issues or pull requests).

Cheers,
Nick.