[Python-Dev] GH-NNNN vs #NNNN in merge commit

Mariatta Wijaya mariatta.wijaya at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 16:55:08 EST 2018

> Why not just auto merge if the PR is approved, CI is all green, and no
> additional commits have been pushed?

My problem has been that I almost always still need to rewrite the commit
message.
Especially when someone wrote "fix a typo" or "fix several typos".

If it automatically merges, then there's no opportunity to adjust the
commit message.
So I suggest the option to provide the proper commit message to the
mergebot.
If not provided, I guess we'll use the GitHub PR title and description.

Mariatta Wijaya