[Python-Dev] Examples for PEP 572

Serhiy Storchaka storchaka at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 02:07:46 EDT 2018

04.07.18 00:51, Chris Angelico пише:
> On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 7:37 AM, Serhiy Storchaka <storchaka at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I believe most Python users are not
>> professional programmers -- they are sysadmins, scientists, hobbyists and
>> kids --
>
> [citation needed]

I don't understand what citation do you need.

>> In particularly mutating and
>> non-mutating operations are separated. The assignment expression breaks
>> this.
>
> [citation needed]

In Python the assignment (including the augmented assignment) is a
statement, del is a statement, function and class declarations are
statements, import is a statement. Mutating methods like list.sort() and
dict.update() return None to discourage using them in expressions. This
a common knowledge, I don't know who's citation you need.