[Python-Dev] PEP 572, VF/B, and "Shark Jumping"

Mike Miller python-dev at mgmiller.net
Thu Jul 5 13:21:52 EDT 2018

On 2018-07-05 04:28, Ivan Pozdeev via Python-Dev wrote:
> This is as intended.
> I wanted to show my summary and Chris' refuttal, with links to both original
> posts. Because my letter is much shorter than the originals while carrying the
> same message. Also to show that I've made the same mistake, which puts things in
> perspective: how an outsider could get the wrong idea.

There will always be a long tail of new languages doing any and everything.
Which new languages are actually being used?  The more limited ones.  Static
typing, fewer foot-guns.

Arguably Elixir should have been in the original list, but it is practically
unknown compared to Kotlin, for example.

-Mike